THE LAST VESTIGES OF NORMALCY!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if what we see as NORMAL wasn't even real and we could create anything else instead?

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Tricky Dream

I often use the meditation group I belong to as a resource to work through complicated issues in my life, to be my sounding board for hair brained ideas and to thump me on the head when I am missing a significant sign post in my life.

As I prepare for my retirement and some extended traveling, the group is the only connection I have left of my associations of the past. It is one which I value and will not happily relinquish when I head off for a year or two of travel.

Our group has dwindled down to a handful of regular members and one of them broached this subject at our last gathering. Since I and one other member are doing significant amounts of traveling she wondered if the group would be able to continue. She thought perhaps we were all ready to move on to other things. I was sorry to hear that, and went home that night with a heavy heart.

For years I have longed to have the freedom to travel extensively, and now the time was here. I knew that I could stay and put some effort into enlarging the group, but I know my heart wouldn’t be in it right now.

The very next night I had this dream......

I was hiking somewhere in the world and on this particular day I was going to climb a mountain. I was wearing hiking boots, knee-length pants, a t-shirt and a headband. The mountain was large but it was not rocky. There were dirt paths all the way to the top and the day was sunny and not too warm. I walked all day and reached the summit just before sunset. I realized that it might be dangerous to walk down in the dark so I asked an attendant where we would sleep. He said, “No, we will get you down safely tonight but first go to the summit and take all the pictures you want, then come back to me”. I did that and when I went back he took me around to the back side of the mountain to an opening like a cave. Inside was a funny type of elevator. It was like a dumb waiter on a conveyer belt and each person got to stand on a little platform with only a bar to hold onto for safety. The belt moved like a pulley and as each platform reached the top it flopped down ready for you to step on. The attendant stopped the belt for me to get on and I remember feeling weird about it. I had happily hiked up the trail all day long without a care or a plan and without noticing that I hadn’t met a single person coming down but neither had I seen the elevator at the bottom nor was it mentioned at all. I should have been happy about having a way down the mountain but I was not at all sure I wanted to get on the rickety thing. I do not know how the dream ended. I have a feeling that I may have taken the elevator but I do not remember the trip down the dark tunnel through the mountain or arriving at the bottom. Perhaps I was stuck there?

I feel the dream is connected to my meditation group in some way. I feel the loss of the group but also feel that travelling is something I would benefit from. I know everyone in the group will be OK in spite of whatever happens but I still feel like a deserter.
In the dream, I was feeling shocked at the top of the mountain because I hadn’t signed on for a scary ride on a rickety elevator. I didn’t want to spend the night alone in a cave on the top of that mountain either. I was trapped.

I am not sure if the dream is telling me that I need to do what feels right to me or that my responsibility lies with the group or something else entirely.

I was going to put the question to my guides but before I could do that, I was invited to an impromptu channelling circle where I posed the question during meditation. One of the members, a unique individual who channels with numbers rather than words, guided me through releasing those fears in a way which seemed to be nothing short of a miracle. The numbers carried an energy vibration to me in the same way that words would have. The first number helped me step back from the cave and the second one provided a feeling of having been released from the necessity of using the elevator. Gradually, the opening of a clear Plexiglas tube appeared behind me and I was drawn to step into it. As each number was received I was able to move farther into the tube and I could look down through the Plexiglas to the valley floor below.

The amazing thing was that the part of the tube I had walked through had already disappeared and there was only a short portion of it available ahead of me. Strangely, I felt completely safe and eager to continue. As more numbers came I moved quickly through the tube until I reached the forest floor below. I was safe on the ground again and feeling amazingly uplifted and free.

My analysis is that I have been released from the fear of saying "no" when no acceptable options are offered. In looking back on my life it is clear that similar situations had occurred many times. Funny, the thought of asking spirit for another solution had never occurred to me. I had to be shown, and to feel it and to learn that there is always another option if you ask. I feel this in every fibre of my being now and am truly grateful.


Now here is a comment from my guides.....

We are feeling as merry and uplifted as do you and we bring great congratulations from many who are watching your progress. It was as though your heart became more open to spirit in that moment. You have taken many steps toward turning things in your life over to spirit already and yet you are still a beginner. Your understanding has grown this time and you now know what it means to let go and ask for assistance. The path you are about to embark on will require you to perfect this ability if you wish to have an enjoyable time. We have no doubt that you will be able to do it and we look forward to many more such celebrations.

There is a quickening now both in your energy and that of others. Each challenge such as this which you are able to overcome adds to the abilities within the collective as you are aided by the growth of others. As it unfolds for you, you will be able to see more and more.


Remember that you are always safe, taken care of and loved.


Beloved, peace go with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.....